[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips 3.4 Not sending hep to homer server

Michel crans mcrans at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 06:21:29 UTC 2023

If you're not seeing any packets received on the Homer server, there could
be several reasons for this issue. Let's go through some troubleshooting
steps:

   1.

   Check Network Connectivity:
   - Ensure that there is network connectivity between your OpenSIPS server
      and the Homer server. You should be able to ping the Homer
server from the
      OpenSIPS server.
   2.

   Homer Server Configuration:
   - Verify that your Homer server is correctly configured to receive HEP
      packets on the specified IP and port (in this case, 127.0.0.1:6061).
      Check Homer's logs for any incoming connection attempts or errors.
   3.

   Socket Configuration:
   - It seems you are using 127.0.0.1 as the IP address in your socket
      configuration (socket=hep_udp:127.0.0.1:6061). This means OpenSIPS
      will send HEP packets to localhost (the same server it's running on).
      Ensure that this is the correct configuration. If Homer is on a different
      server, you should use the Homer server's IP address instead.
   4.

   Firewall and Security Rules:
   - Make sure that there are no firewall rules or security policies
      blocking traffic on the specified HEP port (6061) or the network
interface
      being used for communication.
   5.

   Logging and Debugging:
   - Enable verbose logging in OpenSIPS to see if there are any error
      messages related to HEP. You can do this by setting the log_level
      parameter in your OpenSIPS configuration file.

   cfgCopy code
   modparam("log", "log_level", 3)

   This will increase the logging verbosity, and you can check the OpenSIPS
   logs for any relevant error messages.
   6.

   Verify Route Execution:
   - Ensure that your route[to_homer] block is being executed when you
      expect it to. You can add additional log messages in this block to verify
      that it's being triggered.
   7.

   Check HEP Configuration:
   - Review your HEP configuration parameters, such as hep_id and trace_id,
      to ensure they are correctly set. Make sure they match the
configuration on
      the Homer server.
   8.

   Firewall on Homer Server:
   - Check if there is any firewall or security software running on the
      Homer server that might be blocking incoming HEP packets.
   9.

   Homer Server Logs:
   - Examine the logs on your Homer server to see if there are any error
      messages or indications of failed connections.
   10.

   Packet Capture:
   - You can use tools like Wireshark to capture network traffic on the
      OpenSIPS server and check if the HEP packets are actually being
sent. This
      can help you confirm whether the issue is with OpenSIPS or the network.

By systematically going through these troubleshooting steps, you should be
able to identify the root cause of why OpenSIPS is not sending HEP packets
to your Homer server. Remember to make configuration adjustments as needed
to match your specific network setup and requirements.