[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips 3.4 Not sending hep to homer server

Vincent Horst vincent.horst at ehvc.nl
Mon Sep 25 20:30:26 UTC 2023

Hi All,

I have a issue where opensips is not sending the hep files towards homer.
I have used a manual and have add below to the .cfg file.

Sockets: (It is unclear for my why I should put here the local adres, when
I put the remote IP of homer, I get an error in the config:
socket=hep_udp:127.0.0.1:6061
socket=hep_tcp:127.0.0.1:6061
If I remove them from the config the hep module gives an error.

Second part in the .cfg:
### Configure an HEP Endpoint
loadmodule "proto_hep.so"
modparam("proto_hep", "hep_id", "[hid]10.0.0.216:9060
;transport=udp;version=3")
#### Configure Tracer module to use the HEP Protocol instance id [hid]
loadmodule "tracer.so"
modparam("tracer", "trace_on", 1)
modparam("tracer", "trace_id", "[tid]uri=hep:hid")

And then the third part,
I noticed that it make no different when I put it above in the route logic
or below.

route[to_homer] {
$var(trace_id) = "tid";
if (!has_totag()) {
if (is_method("INVITE")) { $var(trace_type) = "dialog"; }
else if (!is_method("CANCEL")) { $var(trace_type) = "transaction"; }
} else { $var(trace_type) = NULL; }
switch ($var(trace_type)) {
case "dialog":
trace("$var(trace_id)", "d", "sip|xlog|rest");
break;
case "transaction":
trace("$var(trace_id)", "t", "sip|xlog");
break;
}
}

I'm not getting an error, but I'm also not seeing any packets received on
the homer server.
Can someone point me in the right direction or explain how I can add
details to trouble shoot?

Cheers,
Vincent