[OpenSIPS-Users] Need some information regarding accounting module .

Ben Newlin Ben.Newlin at genesys.com
Tue Oct 31 14:31:26 UTC 2023

Sasmita,

A negative response to an in-dialog request does not automatically terminate the call. If the rejection of the re-INVITE is not acceptable to either party, they must still send a BYE if they desire to disconnect the call.

After the 500 response, it is correct that there are no transactions as the re-INVITE transaction has been responded and closed. But the lack of active transactions does not mean the dialog/call is not still active.

Based on your description the accounting seems correct. Any UAs involved that believed the call was disconnected based on the 500 response are not operating correctly.

Ben Newlin