[OpenSIPS-Users] Fraud Detection Module Inquiry

Jonathan Mabrito mabritoj at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 12:11:11 EST 2019

One more inquiry on this module. Is it possible to have the module ignore
prefixes being set in the fraud rules? For our scenarios, the FROM
Address/user is the same for most of our calls. On our PBX's we do not
really give out DID's to each of our users, so when a user makes an
outbound call, the FROM address is always going to be same and set to the
main number of our system. Within the fraud detection module, I have a
prefix of 99 defined (how we denote an outbound call) and starting getting
tons of false positive notifications, as the pair being matched would be
<800number, 99numberDialed>. This quickly filled up the sequential calls
threshold as every call being made had the same FROM Address and matched
against the 99 prefix.

The way we operate, I created 30 minute intervals Sun-Sat with the same
threshold values (48 rows of rules). I am hoping I can omit the prefix
matching and just match the dialed number to the appropriate 30 minute time
interval? so the pair being matched would be <800 number, full number
dialed> ? I tried setting a blank prefix and say "No rule matched" syslog
message.

--
-Jonathan