[OpenSIPS-Users] Invalid contacts in location table, TCP timeout

Fabian Bernhard fbernhard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 17:55:56 CEST 2012

Hi Bogdan,

Thank you very much for your answer. We have tested the tcp_connect_timeout
and have already very good results.

I have some follow up questions, if I may:

 1) limiting the number of contacts to be used:
>     a) either keep in memory just one registration (last one) - see the
> "cxx" and "f" flags
>
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.8.x/registrar.html#id292725
>        doing save("location","c1f")
>     b) either keep all contacts in mem, but use only the most recent one:
>        modparam("usrloc", "desc_time_order", 1)
>        lookup("location","b"); # see
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.8.x/registrar.html#id292943

Do I understand this correctly, if I use option b) then option a) is
useless, i.e. I should only use one of the two options?

It is not relevant for testing, but if we would like to support multiple
registrations with the same SIP id from different locations, for instance
home and office, should we then use option a) with something like
save("location", "c2f")?

Regards,

Fabian