[OpenSIPS-Users] Re-Invite and 491 Request Pending

Alejandro Rios P. alerios at debian.org
Tue Apr 19 01:50:58 CEST 2011

Hi all

OpenSIPs seems to be sending a 491 Request Pending when a lot of RE-INVITES
are received.

I found out the following threads regarding this problem:

http://opensips.org/pipermail/users/2010-May/012724.html

http://www.mentby.com/Group/opensips-users/re-invite-problem-gt-491-request-pending.html

So, it seems that I could get rid of that error by adding a t_newtran()
before t_relay() when I handle an ACK:

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.6.2/tm.html#id294024

Like this:

*        if ( is_method("ACK") ) {*

*                if ( t_check_trans() ) {*

*                        # non loose-route, but stateful ACK; must be an ACK
after a 487 or e.g. 404 from upstream server*

*                        t_newtran();*

*                        t_relay();*

*                        exit;*

*                } else {*

*                        # ACK without matching transaction ... ignore and
discard.\n");*

*                        xlog("L_WARN", "[$mi] discarding ACK\n");*

*                        exit;*

But I'm not sure if this is correct. I'd appreciate any comments to see if I
missed something before testing live.

Thank you and best regards,

Alejandro Rios Peña

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed are my own, and not necessarily those of
my employer.