[OpenSIPS-Users] No solution with asterisk possible? New feature in TM? Re: parallel forking and CANCEL/BYE

Uwe Kastens kiste at kiste.org
Fri Oct 23 14:47:21 CEST 2009

Hi
>> The UAC are not under my control.
>
> Yes, but you could instruct that UAC to send traffic to a new B2BUA server in
> your network, right? :)

I could do this, but thats a solution for maybe a single installation
not for more. The setup is getting more komplex. I will keep this option
in mind....

>>> Or even better: why you send the INVITE to both Asterisk at the same time
>>> (parallel forking)? Is not enough for you to do load balancing and serial
>>> forking in case of failure)? (of course it could be non suitable in your
>>> case).
>> No, since the subscriber with the asterisk UAC is using the INVITE as LB
>> and Failover Solution. Since this is nothing against RFC I would like to
>>  implement it.
>
> What do you mean with "INVITE as LB and Failover Solution"?

The UAC which will answer 1st will get the call. This depends on the
answer time which might be greater, if there is more load on the UAC etc.pp.

BR

Uwe

--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586