[OpenSIPS-Users] Is opensips a front end to asterisk?

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Tue Jul 7 21:26:29 CEST 2009

I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I was sending you away or
telling you it's too hard to handle. That certainly wasn't my intention.
Yeah, we all learned the same way. Even now, I have a decent idea what I'm
doing and I ask stupid questions all the time!  :)
The important thing I was trying to iterate is that opensips, asterisk,
freeswitch, yate, etc, they are all toolkits. And there isn't just one way
to do it. By far the best thing I think you can do is to
gain familiarity with the pieces on their own, so you can make a good
decision about what parts make sense for you to use for your specific
application.

The opensips community on the mailing list is a really helpful and friendly
bunch. So I hope you continue to post your questions and I hope you can find
solutions for your applications. As always you're always more likely to get
better help with a more specific question.