[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy and radius integration

Ruud Klaver ruud at ag-projects.com
Mon Jan 26 18:30:06 CET 2009

Hi,

On 26 Jan 2009, at 17:01, Gabriel Bermudez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have tried to change from localhost to 127.0.0.1 and to my ip
> address
> and still it doesn't works.
> With what version are you working, I'm using version 2.3.2.  I'm also
> using Ubuntu server 8.10 and downloaded the deb files for ag-project's
> debian repository.
> Could any that has installed mediaproxy give us a hand, please?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards,
>

> Авдиенко Михаил escribió:
>> Gabriel Bermudez wrote:
>>

>>> Hi list,
>>>

>>> Got this issue with mediaproxy. The mediaproxy dispatcher is not
>>> able to
>>> read the radius configuration file
>>>

>>> [Radius]
>>> config_file = /etc/radiusclient-ng/radiusclient.conf
>>> additional_dictionary = radius/dictionary.opensips
>>>

>>> The file is there, opensips can read it, but mediaproxy dispatcher
>>> can't?!.  This log output
>>>

>>> Jan 23 18:28:55 ripley media-dispatcher[6834]: [-] Log opened.
>>> Jan 23 18:28:55 ripley media-dispatcher[6834]: [-] Starting
>>> MediaProxy
>>> Dispatcher 2.3.2
>>> Jan 23 18:28:55 ripley media-dispatcher[6834]: [-] Twisted is using
>>> epollreactor
>>> Jan 23 18:28:55 ripley media-dispatcher[6834]: [-] fatal error:
>>> cannot
>>> read the RADIUS configuration file
>>> Jan 23 18:28:55 ripley media-dispatcher[6834]: [-] fatal error:
>>> failed
>>> to create MediaProxy Dispatcher: 'localhost'
>>>

>>> Don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Thanks for you advice.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>

>> I have this issue too. I discovered that it's related to the
>> 'acctserver'
>> option in radiusclient.conf file.
>> I've played with this option trying to add two acctservers and
>> replacing
>> localhost 127.0.0.1 and vice-versa.
>> Sometimes mediaproxy-dispatcher parses file ok, but do not send any
>> accounting, sometimes it tries
>> to create MediaProxy Dispatcher at one of the addresses specified via
>> acctserver ("failed to create MediaProxy Dispatcher: 'localhost'")
>> but sometimes it works as expected. I can not find out logic of this
>> errors(

I agree that's not a very helpful error, it should report more. Could
you change the following to make it give a full traceback:
in mediaproxy/interfaces/accounting/radius.py on line 94, replace
"raise RuntimeError(str(e))" with just "raise". It won't be very
descriptive, but at least you can give me the full traceback and I can
analyze what went wrong.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects