[OpenSIPS-Devel] [OpenSIPS/opensips] e229e1: Revert "packaging: We no longer have atomic.h"

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Thu Dec 10 11:13:26 EST 2020

Hi, Max!

On 09.12.2020 22:45, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> Just for the record: that fix for obscure compiler broke ongoing
> effort to make OpenSIPS portable to anything but x86. Now ARM and MIPS
> builds are down: :(
>
> https://travis-ci.org/github/OpenSIPS/opensips/builds/748559450
>
> I am sorry to say that Liviu, but in the day and edge when Apple
> popping out ARM64 laptops in millions, this hardly an acceptable
> solution to "defer fix to the distant future".
I was just trying to get all builds to work.  Nobody said ARM64 is
irrelevant, it's just that I pushed the commits during the evening, then
called it a day.  It is only this morning that I noticed that the build
was still broken, but in a different place.

> Proper solution would be to test if stdatomic is usable and use it,
> falling back to the non-portable "opensips atomics" when it's not present.
>
> I'll work on a PR to add stdatomic as an option with fallback to
> atomic when not available.

Correct!  I see you've done the PR already – let me review it!

--
Liviu Chircu
www.twitter.com/liviuchircu | www.opensips-solutions.com