[OpenSIPS-Devel] [OpenSIPS/opensips] e229e1: Revert "packaging: We no longer have atomic.h"

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at sippysoft.com
Thu Dec 10 19:46:05 EST 2020

Good to hear, thanks Liviu for taking care of it! I was not criticizing you
acting in a particular situation, but criticizing the approach taken to
deal with the issue at hand. :)

With regards to the old compilers I suggest OpenSIPS take some stance on
that issue perhaps as soon as 3.2 is out. In my opinion in the age when my
phone has 8 cores we could not be supporting platforms without atomics for
another 3 years. There are easy ways to install a newer compiler on
CentOSes, customers who rely on this platform could probably be advised to
explore that option instead of dragging everyone else down. Makefile for
once needs a grand cleanup to remove all those hacks for 2.x, 3.x, 4.x and
so on compilers. It is funny (or not) that each time I am compiling it with
Clang 10 it complains that my compiler it too old and may not be supported
anymore. :-))))

-Maxim