[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] SIGSEGV in pkg_malloc/fm_malloc (#721)

James Criscuolo notifications at github.com
Tue Mar 8 17:50:29 CET 2016

Hi @razvancrainea,
  We are seeing a similar type crash in production a few times a day. Here is [a backtrace](https://gist.github.com/james-criscuolo/9c8263920eb0ae84db03) of one, but they all run into `prev` being `null` from that same `pkg_malloc` call in `get_p_notify_body`. Given that we are running 1.10.0 with some of our own patches/modules, I'm not sure how pertinent this will be, but if there is anything I can dig up to help this go away, I'm willing to try.

My main question is, you listed one way this was possible above (mixing up a `shm_malloc` and a `pkg_free`, or vice versa), are there any other potential errors you can think of that could be leading to this?

Thanks,
James

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/721#issuecomment-193860574