[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] Changes to stop keepalives on unregisters (#366)

ag at ag-projects.com ag at ag-projects.com
Tue Nov 25 11:23:09 CET 2014

On 25 Nov 2014, at 08:04, David Sanders <notifications at github.com> wrote:
> @saghul, fair points.
>
> This problem is known, but it never seemed worth fixing because it would involve keeping track of the registered AoR for NAT_Contact.
>
> It was worth fixing for us, hence this fix which worked for our needs. It would seem that the multiple accounts from the same IP and port would be more of a corner case than the main use case.

Well, your corner case may be other's main usage scenario.

My main usage is multiple accounts on the same client and I will not be reachable at any of them by using the current patch. We have users on sip2sip.info using several accounts registered at the same time from the same end-point as a normal use case.

The patch should improve things and fix also your problem but without sacrificing existing functionality that you don't care much about, others do.

Adrian
> In ensuring the multiple accounts case works you're sacrificing the main use case. Without this change keepalives just continue for user agents that unregister after registering for a long period.
>
> In a production environment with ~70,000 user agents registering and unregistering constantly this was basically unacceptable behavior due to the continued keepalives.
>

> At the least there should probably be a high-visibility note in the documentation for the module that explains that keepalives will continue to a user agent after unregister.

Adrian