[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] Changes to stop keepalives on unregisters (#366)

David Sanders notifications at github.com
Tue Nov 25 11:04:06 CET 2014

@saghul, fair points.

> This problem is known, but it never seemed worth fixing because it would involve keeping track of the registered AoR for NAT_Contact.

It was worth fixing for us, hence this fix which worked for our needs. It would seem that the multiple accounts from the same IP and port would be more of a corner case than the main use case.

In ensuring the multiple accounts case works you're sacrificing the main use case. Without this change keepalives just continue for user agents that unregister after registering for a long period.

In a production environment with ~70,000 user agents registering and unregistering constantly this was basically unacceptable behavior due to the continued keepalives.

At the least there should probably be a high-visibility note in the documentation for the module that explains that keepalives will continue to a user agent after unregister.

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/pull/366#issuecomment-64352901