[OpenSIPS-Business] Teir 1 Service Providers (Level 3, XO, ATT)

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Wed May 15 21:22:14 CEST 2013

I can confirm that Level(3) is essentially the "Cadillac" of SIP orig/term
in the US.

- Almost absolutely consistent signalling.
- At least six ingress/egress SBCs throughout the US with fairly flexible
routing.
- Level(3) (from an IP perspective) tops the charts in IPs allocated and
BGP peers.  If you're doing direct media handoff there's no better option.
- While very bureaucratic, they have excellent operations.

We've never had a quality problem with them that was actually their fault.

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Jamuel Starkey <jamuel at hcvoip.com> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Last I heard XO exited the SIP TERM market--purportedly too competitive
> for them.
>
> Level-3 works well and handles 90% of the US resale SIP TERM market from
> what I hear--we use them for as a primary carrier for US ORIG, TF ORIG, as
> well as TERM (US Domestic and International).  We aren't as cost focused as
> some but more quality focused--and we've never had voice quality issues
> with them.  They expect 1 million minutes per month with a $10,000 USD
> monthly commit.  There's been so much turnover at Level-3 I'm not sure who
> the best person to contact is but I'll send you our contact details
> separately.
>
> Never had an dealing with AT&T so no info to provide but we've also run
> into folks that use Verizon--no details there either both have a hefty take
> or pay . . .
>
> Feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional questions or
> would like to discuss a partnership should you not be able to meet any of
> the commitments required by Level-3 as we are always looking to add minutes
> and reduce our costs :)
>
> Hope that gets you started at the very least . . .
>
> Cheers,
>
> JPS
>
> On May 15, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Nick Khamis wrote:
>
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > Anyone here using Level 3 or AT&T wholesale sip terminations services?
> > I would like to know on any minimums they would require. Also, an idea
> > of how competitive the rates are. I am not asking to disclose your
> > custom rate deck, just a "what to expect". Finally, if you guys can PM
> > me contact info to someone from the wholesale department who knows
> > what they are talking about when it comes to SIP trunking, I would
> > really appreciate it.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> >
> > Nick.

Kristian Kielhofner