[OpenSIPS-Business] Teir 1 Service Providers (Level 3, XO, ATT)

Brandon Kruse brandon at bkruse.com
Wed May 15 22:43:53 CEST 2013

Level 3 does not handle 90% of the US SIP termination market. Be careful when doing your initial interconnect agreement with them.
Quality is superb, but last I checked, minimum was $10k/month spend (that could be for their "wholesale" division only though).
We terminated about 35 million minutes to them last month with only about 5 trouble tickets (which well below average for us).
To second what Kristian said, the only problems ended up being some underlying vendor not wanting to terminate the call, but
still answering the call.

Make sure you are happy with your account manager. In the past, that really made our relationship great or terrible.

AT&T is also very good. Now they are opening more and more of their own network for wholesale LD over SIP, which they didn't
do much in the past (especially for interconnects). There is a distinct difference if you are reselling their network or using it to terminate
your direct customer traffic. It also really depends if your traffic is TDM originated or IP originated (non enhanced/enhanced)

--
Brandon Kruse