[OpenSIPS-Users] Why does tracer uri=file show in/out sip messages and uri=sip only shows in?

Matthew Schumacher schu at schu.net
Fri Mar 29 16:08:09 UTC 2024

Hello All,

I have this config:

modparam("tracer","trace_id","[siptrace]uri=sip:127.0.0.1:9999")
modparam("tracer","trace_id","[siptrace]uri=file:/var/log/siptrace.log")

route {
     trace("siptrace","d","sip");

When I look at the messages that show up on UDP:9999 I only see egress
sip messages, but when I look at /var/log/siptrace.log I see both sides
of the conversation.  Is this by design?  Is there a way to send all
messages to a port, or a socket, or perhaps define a pipe to another
process?  I'm trying to setup a second daemon that monitors all of the
sip dialog between opensips and other hosts.

Thanks!
Matt