[OpenSIPS-Users] pn still problems

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Mon Mar 25 09:36:03 UTC 2024

Hi rvg,

I took a look at the logs you provided and, indeed, your "rvg" AoR has
exactly 1 contact registered, with flags value of "4" in the MI ul_dump,
confirming that it is RFC 8599 PN enabled.  Now, regarding the INVITE
looping, if you still have this issue, make sure to avoid t_relay()
after the lookup, as discussed earlier.

Finally, if the call does not connect... that's because, logically
speaking, there is *always* a need to generate a Push Notification on
*every* call attempt.  While I do agree this might be a bit of overkill,
it is the only way to cover all timing-related corner-cases (imagine
this race condition: the phone registered 1.5 minutes ago or earlier,
but the NAT pinhole only lasts for 1 minute, so by the time you call, it
is unreachable).  So please make sure to get your *PN_SEND* route to
actually do the work -- send the PN, wake up the app and get it to
Re-REGISTER, which will cause OpenSIPS to /inject/ an INVITE over to it.

Alternatively, if you just want to play with the Push Notification
support /without sending Push Notifications/... try to bump the
registrar's pn_skip_pn_interval
<https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.5.x/registrar.html#param_pn_skip_pn_interval>
setting to some ridiculous value like *600* seconds, causing the module
to refrain from mandating any Push Notification to be sent in the first
10 minutes following the app's REGISTER, as it delivers calls
straight-through to the app.

Best regards,

Liviu Chircu
www.twitter.com/liviuchircu  |www.opensips-solutions.com