[OpenSIPS-Users] pn still problems

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Wed Mar 20 14:11:04 UTC 2024

Hello rvg,

Please find some answers below.

On 09.03.2024 15:46, rvg at rvgeerligs.nl wrote:

> I still have problems with opensips3.4 push notifications:
>
> Somehow INVITEs keep looping and get rejected.
If the INVITE loops to your server, then you likely have an undesired
t_relay() operation after a lookup() which only finds "Push
Notification" contacts, which are not immediately routable.  Here, it
would be helpful to provide the output of: "opensips-cli -x mi ul_dump",
corresponding to the AoR you are trying to reach, right before placing
the call.

Additionally, please post the full opensips.log, so we can see if the
script logic post-lookup falls under "case 1" or "case 2".  Of course,
in case of the latter, you should just "exit" the script without any
further routing, as the INVITE will be put on hold, until a REGISTER
arrives.

> question: Does the route[pm_send] need to return any value? exit does
> not not return value does it?
Indeed, the return value of that route will be ignored.  FYI, "exit;"
implicitly returns 1 (success).

> does the [pm_send] acually need to send the push for the INVITE to be
> answered by 200 OK?

Yes, that is the main role of that route ("pn_send", as in: "Push
Notification Send").

Best regards,

Liviu Chircu
www.twitter.com/liviuchircu | www.opensips-solutions.com