[OpenSIPS-Users] I need some info while setiing sethostport on opensips config .

Ben Newlin Ben.Newlin at genesys.com
Wed Jul 24 13:32:42 UTC 2024

Sasmita,

You need to be using $socket_out. [1]

By default, OpenSIPS will use the receiving socket as the sending socket. This means if you receive the message on TLS and do not change $socket_out then the message will be sent out the TLS socket.

Additionally, unless you are using B2BUA or maybe topology_hiding you will likely need to “remember” this protocol transition by adding a double Record-Route [2] to the message. You may also need to change any “transport” params that exist in the Request-URI and possibly the Contact header.

[1] https://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Script-CoreVar-3-2#toc86
[2] https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.2.x/rr.html

Ben Newlin