[OpenSIPS-Users] stir_shaken date header discrepancy

James Seer sj6502621 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 13:03:32 UTC 2024

Hello,

I have a question regarding Date Header Verification in our setup:

Server Timezone: Central European Time
Configuration:
require_date_hdr: false
verify_date_freshness : 300 seconds
SIP INVITE Date Header: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 00:26:05 GMT
Server time: 2024-02-20T00:26:06 CET
Identity header payload "iat" value: 1708385165

Despite the Date header being in the future, OpenSIPS proceeded with
verification. While I can see there's an existing error code (-6: Date
header value is older than local policy for freshness), it only addresses
cases where the header is "older" than the local policy.

This could be easily handled in script code, but shouldn't opensips trigger
a distinct failure with a new error code, considering the discrepancy
between the Date header and server time ? (More than 300 seconds of
difference)

Thank you