[OpenSIPS-Users] Variable Question

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Fri Aug 9 14:16:00 UTC 2024

On 08.08.2024 17:52, Alexander Perkins wrote:
> If I want to have a variable set in the route block and available to
> the failure route, which would be the appropriate way to do so? An
> AVP?  Or is there a better way?

Hello Alexander,

AVPs are still lightweight (not as lightweight as *$var*, but still
fast), so storing data as *$avp* holders across one or more failure
routes seems like the ideal approach.

Optimization: If your data is binary ("A"/"B", True/False, etc.), see
Pavel's suggestion on using the *message flags*, which will also persist
across the initial and re-tried messages, as you perform serial forking
using one or more *failure_route*'s.

Liviu Chircu
www.twitter.com/liviuchircu  |www.opensips-solutions.com