[OpenSIPS-Users] DNS question

M S medeanwz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 22:47:06 UTC 2023

Hi,
Opensips asks system's resolver.
Few things to check, make sure your nsswitch.conf file says "files dns"
which is default, also opensips use_naptr option should be yes (default is
yes).
to test, you can also remove dns from nsswitch.conf to make sure your
computer only resolves locally with hosts file. Lastly, you can also do a
tcpdump port 53 to see when/who asks what from who, to debug the issue.