[OpenSIPS-Users] fr_timeout CANCEL message sent to timed out dispatcher endpoint IP

Calvin Ellison calvin.ellison at voxox.com
Wed Jun 30 16:41:49 EST 2021

Despite what the RFC states, some SBCs (Sansay) will send CANCEL even if no
provisional response has been received. This can prevent billing disputes
in cases where a 200 OK to the INVITE would have been sent but not
received. It can also be helpful in troubleshooting to see whether the far
end responds with 481 to the CANCEL, 487 Request Terminated to the INVITE
with 200 to the CANCEL, or not at all.

Calvin Ellison

Systems Architect

calvin.ellison at voxox.com

<http://voxox.com>

<https://www.facebook.com/VOXOX/> <https://www.instagram.com/voxoxofficial/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/3573541/admin/>
<https://twitter.com/Voxox>

The information contained herein is confidential and privileged information
or work product intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed. Any unauthorized use, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, please notify me immediately.