[OpenSIPS-Users] fr_timeout CANCEL message sent to timed out dispatcher endpoint IP

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 15:59:04 EST 2021

Ben,

Yes, you're right. Section 9.1 of RFC3261 says "If no provisional response
has been received, the CANCEL request MUST NOT be sent"

So then it is a question the developers will need to answer, although from a
practical point of view I doubt that it would cause a problem for the
reasons I gave.

John Quick
Smartvox Limited

response, usually 100 Trying, has been received. This is to avoid the
possibility of the INVITE and CANCEL > being received out of order at the
destination.