[OpenSIPS-Users] Authenticate with dbaliases or change Caller ID

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Mon Sep 28 07:54:09 EST 2020

If I understand correctly, you want to authenticate an arbitrary user
(not taken from the message) against the subscriber table.
The way you should do this is to use the pv_*_authorize() functions. A
snippet for this is:

1. translate from alias to a known subscriber
2. query the subscriber table to find the password that should be used
3. set the username_spec to the real (translated) value of the user
4. set tha password_spec to whatever is in the subscriber table
5. call pv_proxu_authorize()

Hope this helps,

[1] https://opensips.org/docs/modules/2.4.x/auth.html#func_pv_www_authorize

Best regards,