[OpenSIPS-Users] Running OpenSIPS on same box as Asterisk/FreeSwitch

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Mon May 18 15:28:51 EST 2020

Whenever I have tried to run OpenSIPS on the same host server as either
Asterisk or FreeSwitch (using different ports), I have always hit a snag
with routing of sequential loose-routed requests. Possibly this only happens
when using double Record-Route headers which I need for protocol conversion
(TLS to UDP or TLS to TCP).

Where the address in the topmost Route header is the same as it's local
address, OpenSIPS copies the URI (and parameters) from a Route header to the
R-URI which, in this use-case, causes the request to loop back to itself. It
should instead delete the two Route headers and copy the URI value from the
Contact header, picking up the correct port for the Asterisk/FreeSwitch app.

I've tried Googling to see if others have experienced this, but didn't find
any nice solution other than using two IP's on the same box.
A post from Flavio mentions this problem in June 2013. Is there a simple
solution?

John Quick
Smartvox Limited
Web: www.smartvox.co.uk