[OpenSIPS-Users] Question about qrouting module

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Mon Mar 2 10:05:23 EST 2020

On 02.03.2020 10:05, Abdoul Osséni wrote:
> If I understand well, with dynamic-weights algorithm, for example if I
> set:
> - warn_threshold_asr = 40
> - warn_penalty_asr = 1
>
> So, if the gateway defined on each rule has an ASR < 40, so the
> gateway will have a penality = 1.

Hey, Abdoul!

Thank you for the feedback.  Let me add a new section in the
documentation which
explains the threshold limits and penalties, as they are not at all obvious.

In short:

ASR, CCR: floating point numbers in [0 - 1] interval (percentages)
PDD, AST: amount of time in milliseconds
ACD: amount of time in seconds

The penalty is a traffic reduction factor, in the [0 - 1] interval.  For
example,
if I set a 0.5 "ASR warning" penalty, that gateway will receive 50% less
traffic
if the ASR goes below the "warning" limit.  All penalties are multiplied
so if, for
example, both ASR and PDD are below "warning" limit, it will receive
only 25% traffic.

Expect the new doc section this week and thank you for the help! :)

Liviu Chircu
www.twitter.com/liviuchircu | www.opensips-solutions.com

OpenSIPS Summit, Amsterdam, May 2020
   www.opensips.org/events