[OpenSIPS-Users] Possibilities to handle short duration calls using new capabilities in opensips 3.1

ryan embgrets rembgrets at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 06:56:30 EST 2020

Greetings,

I would like to have awesome community suggestions in handling the short
duration calls.

My clients send short duration calls towards opensips.
So if a client sends me BYE within 6 seconds of the call, I would like to
terminate the client leg and keep carrier leg alive beyond a few seconds,
either by transferring the second leg(carrier side) to freeswitch, or
playing some media using rtpengine/rtpproxy at opensips side.

I would like to ask, is it something that can efficiently be done using new
capabilities in opensips 3.1?

How do other people handle this?

PS: I cannot restrict my client to not send me short duration calls, so
looking for an opensips way to handle this.

Ryan