[OpenSIPS-Users] Fine tuning high CPS and msyql queries

David Villasmil david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 23:49:41 EST 2020

Keep in mundo the don’t make Ubuntu for SIP applications, which have their
own idiosyncrasies. They make it general purpose. So finding a value that
doesn’t work perfectly with what you need for this very specific
application, is not a big deal.

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 at 00:38, Calvin Ellison <calvin.ellison at voxox.com>
wrote:

> I doubt the system will be using all of that buffer. I also don't know if
> the issue was in the receive buffer or send buffer since I changed both at
> once. Many resources are available online from people who have already done
> much more scientific testing that indicate the default values should be
> increased for certain applications, which is the reason I changed it to
> begin with. There's no one-size-fits all for server configurations, and
> what works for this UDP application with a small number of clients might
> not work well for a different application with many TCS connections.
>
> "absolutely terrible" may be too strong of a way to put it, but that the
> before and after don't lie.
>
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 4:02 PM Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>
> wrote:
>
>> But increasing the depth of the queue by 78x (if I'm not mistaken,
>> 212992 is the default--at least, it is on all my CentOS 7.x and 8.x

David Villasmil
email: david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
phone: +34669448337