[OpenSIPS-Users] Maybe it's a bug

Johan De Clercq johan at democon.be
Tue Jun 9 19:13:58 EST 2020

Upwards seems best.

Outlook voor iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef> downloaden
________________________________
Van: Users <users-bounces at lists.opensips.org> namens Liviu Chircu <liviu at opensips.org>
Verzonden: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 8:58:24 PM
Aan: OpenSIPS users mailling list <users at lists.opensips.org>
Onderwerp: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] Maybe it's a bug

On 09.06.2020 15:43, Saint Michael wrote:
> I talked to Vlad, who I believe wrote the code, and he does not think
> it is a bug and I should use the ms and not the seconds. But thousands
> of businessmen will not spot this and thus their billing will never
> match the carrier, and they will lose money. If anybody thinks for a
> second that a call with a 200 OK will be free, is dreaming. Not in
> America.

Hi, SM!

Opinion #1: I doubt that anyone who is serious about their billing &
revenue (e.g. your nitpicky carrier) would leave to randomness the
answer to the most basic question of: "does our platform correctly bill
each call?".  No disrespect here, just maybe highlighting the fact that
your platform could benefit from a bit more testing.

Opinion #2: we could definitely change the default of the
second-accurate precision to be _greedy_ instead of _generous_. I bet
most people (myself included) would be more happy with a ceil() [1]
behavior instead of a trunc() [2] one.  That is: round _upwards_, not
_downwards_.  More opinions would be useful here!

Best regards,

[1]: man ceil
[2]: man trunc

--