[OpenSIPS-Users] Question about IP Transit

William Jin williamj at exetel.com.au
Tue Jun 2 04:07:14 EST 2020

Hi

We are using opensips 2.4.6 at the moment. It's the apt standard(not nightly) repo of debian
opensips -V
version: opensips 2.4.6 (x86_64/linux)
flags: STATS: On, DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16, MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
poll method support: poll, epoll, sigio_rt, select.
main.c compiled on  with gcc 6.3.0

The situation is:
Our sip server has both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, it handles IP transit pretty well. Say if there is an incoming call from the gateway A (asterisk IPv4), it can do the IP transit to the destination number registered in IPv6
A(v4) <=> opensips(v4<=>v6) <=> B(v6)

We are using $T_fr_inv_timeout to do call forwarding if no answer. The issue here is: when the B has a call forwarding setting and if the destination number, let's say C is v4, then the t_relay() of the INVITE after $T_fr_inv_timeout seconds results in fail with $retcode -6, I checked the doc it says "generic send failed". I am not too sure what does that means. If both B and C are in v4 only env, then it works without any issue.

A(v4) => opensips(v4/v6) => B(v6)          -     working
A(v4) => opensips(v4/v6) => B(v6) => C(v4)   - not working
A(v4) => opensips(v4/v6) => B(v4) => C(v4)   - working

Could you please shed some light on it?

William Jin