[OpenSIPS-Users] Usrloc can't be sync after upgrade to 2.4.8

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Wed Jul 1 06:39:49 EST 2020

On 01.07.2020 09:25, William Jin wrote:
> opensipsctl fifo clusterer_list_cap
> Cluster:: 1
> Capability:: usrloc-contact-repl State=not synced
>
> And we found the below log
> INFO:usrloc:receive_binary_packets: discarding , ver 1: need ver 2
>
> Is there anything I missed? where should I change the version to 2?

Hey, William!

This change in the sync protocol version was introduced roughly 1 year
ago in 2.4.7, because we had to add more information to the sync packet
in order to fix some usrloc bug. Thus, the new and previous versions
became incompatible, so we signified this via a new version, so a 2.4.7
instance doesn't crash when receiving data from a 2.4.6 one, and vice-versa.

TL;DR: just upgrade both nodes to 2.4.8 and start from an empty list of
bindings.  Things will get back to normal within 1 hour.  If this is not
tolerable on your platform, try to dump the UDP contacts with MI
"ul_dump" [1] before restarting the active node, then re-register them
manually with the "ul_add" [2] command that and some Python scripting
logic, for example.

Best regards,

[1]: https://opensips.org/docs/modules/2.4.x/usrloc.html#mi_ul_dump
[2]: https://opensips.org/docs/modules/2.4.x/usrloc.html#mi_ul_add