[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips - graceful maintenance mode?

solarmon solarmon at one-n.co.uk
Tue Jan 21 07:21:56 EST 2020

Hi Liviu,

Apologies, I should be more clear.

The dispatcher endpoints that I have configured are used for routing the
SIP calls to. They are also the endpoints that we are receiving SIP calls
from.

I understand that opensips are sending SIP Options pings to these
endpoints. And these endpoints are sending SIP Options pings to opensips
and getting a response.

I would like to understand if I set these endpoints to 'inactive' whether
that means opensips will stop responding to SIP Options pings from that
particular endpoint.

However, now I have checked our opensips.cfg script (that was created for
us) it looks like it has been hardcoded in:

route[handle_pings]
{
        # keepalive notifies replied ok
        if ( is_method("NOTIFY|OPTIONS") && !has_totag() && $rU==NULL) {
                send_reply("200", "OK");
                exit;
        }
}