[OpenSIPS-Users] Fate of dbtext

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Sat Jan 4 10:44:05 EST 2020

Hi Robert,

No, not at all - the db_text module is very alive and kicking, no plans
to retire it :).

And yes, the old opensipsctl also provided some DB provisioning
capabilities which are not YET supported by the CLI. The future plan is
to incorporate this provisioning functionality into CLI also, but in a
different way. Rather than directly doing DB provisioning from CLI (so
actually manipulating the dbtext files), we are considering the option
of exposing via OpenSIPS MI an DB API, so the CLI will be able to do the
DB provisioning by using OpenSIPS as DB engine - in this way we will be
sure that the CLI will support all the DB backends existing in OpenSIPS.

   https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit, Amsterdam, May 2020
OpenSIPS Bootcamp, Miami, March 2020
   https://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2020/