[OpenSIPS-Users] dialogs do not restore on restart

William Simon wsimon at stratusvideo.com
Thu Aug 27 15:15:47 EST 2020

Thank you for the confirmation. I will use the workaround you have given.

From: Users <users-bounces at lists.opensips.org> on behalf of Liviu Chircu <liviu at opensips.org>
Date: Thursday, August 27, 2020 at 10:30 AM
To: OpenSIPS users mailling list <users at lists.opensips.org>
Subject: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] dialogs do not restore on restart

On 08.08.2020 02:08, William Simon wrote:
Using opensips 3.0,

I have set up the dialog module for db mode 3 (store dialogs at shutdown) with a postgres backend. I have also tested with a local sqlite backend.

On shutdown, the active dialogs are saved to the database. But on restart, the dialogs are not restored.

Hey, William!

I can confirm this bug - on my 3.0 setup, it didn't load them either in "db_mode = 3".

Just to move on past this issue, I suggest you use "db_mode = 2" (proven & tested), which will constantly backup any new ongoing dialogs to DB, in an asynchronous fashion, decoupled from SIP traffic.  An upside to doing so is that shutdowns will be quicker, since plenty of dialogs will require no DB update, as opposed to "db_mode = 3", which will dump all cached dialogs at once.

Meanwhile, we will work towards a resolution here.

Liviu Chircu

www.twitter.com/liviuchircu<http://www.twitter.com/liviuchircu> | www.opensips-solutions.com<http://www.opensips-solutions.com>

OpenSIPS Summit 2020 Distributed

  www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2020Distributed<http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2020Distributed>

“The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.”