[OpenSIPS-Users] opensip 3.1 rtpengine_play_media

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Mon Nov 4 04:27:01 EST 2019

Hi, Mehdi!

You should create the RTPengine session before playing back any media,
using either rtpengine_manage() or rtpengine_offer().
Also, most likely the phone does not play the media because no one
generates the 183 - it is not done automatically, it should be sent by
you to the phone.

Best regards,
Razvan

On 11/4/19 10:42 AM, Mehdi Shirazi wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to use rtpengine_play_media in opensips 3.1
> If I use :
> if (is_method("INVITE") && !has_totag())
>      rtpengine_play_media("file=/path/to/ringback_tone_file.wav");
>
> I receive error about no call ID. If I add
> rtpengine_manage();before rtpengine_play_media functions it
>
> seems(in logs) rtpengine side is ok but still cannot hear wav file.
>
> I should also send 183/sdp myself or it is automatic?
>
> Is it possible to provide a working sample of playing a file for all incoming calls?
>
> Regards
>
> M.Shirazi

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer