[OpenSIPS-Users] capabilities of opensips clusterer module

Alexey Kazantsev kurgan-rus at inbox.ru
Wed Mar 6 00:23:19 EST 2019

Hi Konrad!

Clustering OpenSIPS is some mix of:
- N OpenSIPS nodes
- N RTPEngine instances (I think you can use one, standalone,
on a different host than OpenSIPSes)
- at least 1 Redis, in case of >=2 RTPEngines, to share
RTP sessions
- some VRRP realisation, e.g. Keepalived or Pacemaker/Corosync.

OpenSIPSes share cluster-related critical data through BIN interface [1],
along with cluster-related options in some modules like usrloc [2],
dialog [3], tm [4]. Please find 'cluster' word on the documentation pages,
I hope this will give you answers on your questions.

[1] https://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Interface-Binary-2-4
[2] https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/usrloc.html
[3] https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/dialog.html
[4] https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/tm.html

Another kind of clustering is for horizontal scaling,
not redundancy/high-availability.
A good example is registrar server clustering:
http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-Distributed-User-Location-Federation

And some more links:
https://blog.opensips.org/2018/03/13/the-new-clustering-engine-of-opensips-2-4/
https://blog.opensips.org/2018/03/23/clustering-ongoing-calls-with-opensips-2-4/