[OpenSIPS-Users] Integrating with Asterisk in the same box

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Mon Apr 22 02:15:44 EDT 2019

> Hi all. I have an installation of opensips 2.4 with control panel, in
> a Debian 8 server.
> I would like to integrate my Opensips installation with an Asterisk
> 16. For the time being it has to be in the same box. So it would
> enhance with Incoming/outgoing Trunks, IVR, Voicemail, Conference,etc.
> The system at the moment has this setup
> https://www.powerpbx.org/content/opensips-v24-debian-v8-mariadb-apache-v1
> and i have installed a simple asterisk (Chan_SIP) as simple as
> possible, without anything fancy. As an example of the Asterisk config
> i used the guide
> https://computingforgeeks.com/how-to-install-asterisk-16-lts-on-ubuntu-18-04-16-04-debian-9/.
> I have left the default 5060 port to Opensips and the port 5090 to
> Asterisk.
So far, so good.  OpenSIPS in front, Asterisk in the back -- you're on
the right path.
> I am looking what other config do i have to do, so i could create
> users in the Opensips control panel and created automatically in the
> Asterisk's database to read from.
> Also what other do i have to do to make them interact seamlessly, please?
Here is when it gets dicy -- there is no such software available yet.
In order to achieve this, one idea would be to fork the Control Panel
and start hacking away at extending it in order to also work with
Asterisk (additional GUI interactions?  additional server-side PHP logic
for the Asterisk DB handling?