[OpenSIPS-Users] mid_registrar unregister on expire

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 16:30:51 EDT 2018

You could do a mid_registrar_lookup on your route for traffic from the PBX
and if it fails drop the response.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 8:38 AM Dominic <wallnut.monkeys at gmail.com> wrote:

> i think I may have figured it out, OpenSIPS is behaving properly (it sends
> the unregister after expiery) I haden't seen it initially in the asterisk
> CLI. However the issue is that it looks like asterisk continues to send
> it's SIP OPTIONS to that peer and OpenSIPS replies 404 not found and then
> asterisk thinks that peer is still "alive" because he received a response,
> therefore I still si that peer in the list show peers list. Here is what I
> see in the asterisk CLI:
>
> [Sep 12 11:16:05]     -- Unregistered SIP 'jit000106258'    <=== OpenSips
>> sends unregister after exiery
>> [Sep 12 11:16:07] NOTICE[16484]: chan_sip.c:23898
>> handle_response_peerpoke: Peer 'jit000106258' is now Reachable. (2ms /
>> 5000ms)  <== asterisk sends 404 in reply to SIP OPTION
>> sipdev1-mtl*CLI> sip show peers
>> Name/username             Host                                    Dyn
>> Forcerport Comedia    ACL Port     Status
>> Description                      Realtime
>> jit000106258/jit000106258 64.254.249.190                           D
>> Yes        Yes         A  5060     OK (2
>> ms)                                    Cached RT
>>

> Sorry for the initial email, I had not looked properly on my end before
> submitting.
>

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 9:58 AM Liviu Chircu <liviu at opensips.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dominic,
>>
>> This should be working -- are you able to reproduce this problem?  Also,
>> any setup details (binary version, mid-registrar modparams, SIP traces)
>> would be of great help.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Liviu Chircu
>> OpenSIPS Developerhttp://www.opensips-solutions.com
>>
>> On 12.09.2018 16:52, Dominic wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I setup OpenSIPs as a mid_registrar in contact throttling mode, in
>> front of an asterisk server. Everything is working fine so far exept that I
>> would like for when an entry in usrloc expires on the OpenSIPS, that an
>> unregister is sent to the Asterisk. Right now, I see the sip device
>> registered on the asterisk (sip show peers) but it is expired on OpenSIPS
>> (opensipsctl ul show). Could anyone point me in the right direction?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Dominic

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein