[OpenSIPS-Users] mid_registrar unregister on expire

Dominic wallnut.monkeys at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:34:29 EDT 2018

i think I may have figured it out, OpenSIPS is behaving properly (it sends
the unregister after expiery) I haden't seen it initially in the asterisk
CLI. However the issue is that it looks like asterisk continues to send
it's SIP OPTIONS to that peer and OpenSIPS replies 404 not found and then
asterisk thinks that peer is still "alive" because he received a response,
therefore I still si that peer in the list show peers list. Here is what I
see in the asterisk CLI:

[Sep 12 11:16:05]     -- Unregistered SIP 'jit000106258'    <=== OpenSips
> sends unregister after exiery
> [Sep 12 11:16:07] NOTICE[16484]: chan_sip.c:23898
> handle_response_peerpoke: Peer 'jit000106258' is now Reachable. (2ms /
> 5000ms)  <== asterisk sends 404 in reply to SIP OPTION
> sipdev1-mtl*CLI> sip show peers
> Name/username             Host                                    Dyn
> Forcerport Comedia    ACL Port     Status
> Description                      Realtime
> jit000106258/jit000106258 64.254.249.190                           D
> Yes        Yes         A  5060     OK (2
> ms)                                    Cached RT

Sorry for the initial email, I had not looked properly on my end before
submitting.