[OpenSIPS-Users] What would be the best way to get CDRs from opensips considering opensips handles heavy traffic load

Jon Abrams ffshoh at gmail.com
Fri May 4 20:42:50 EDT 2018

If you don't need them immediately, you can use the old fashion write CDRS
to syslog. Rotate the log file every so often to process the CDRs. Journald
is too slow for this though - you must use rsyslog or syslog-ng.

If you use the builtin OpenSIPS accounting and need results more real-time,
then I'd look at RADIUS accounting. If you generate your own CDRs, then
there are the event datagram and rabbitmq modules that provide
opportunities.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider heavy traffic?

- Jon