[OpenSIPS-Users] exec timeout warnings

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 14:28:07 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm attempting to upgrade some OpenSIPS Proxies from v2.1 to v2.3.2.
The script uses the exec function to execute some external commands.
Using the new v2.3.2, I now see an "exec timeout" message (INFO) for every
exec call. Here is an example:
INFO:exec:timer_routine: exec timeout, pid 29175 -> sending SIGTERM

This is new. It was not happening in v2.1. It doesn't seem to make sense in
so far as the exec function has returned a result immediately to the script.
Also, the process started by the exec command would terminate as soon as it
has returned a value.
The timeout warning is written to the logs about 3 seconds after the exec
function was called, matching the setting for timeout in the exec module
modparam section.

John Quick
Smartvox Limited
Web: www.smartvox.co.uk