[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS 2.4 major - release time line

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Mar 12 11:00:33 EDT 2018

Hi all,

The *roadmap for OpenSIPS 2.4
<https://blog.opensips.org/2017/11/01/introducing-opensips-2-4/>* is an
ambitious one, addressing one of the most complex, but vital capability
of a SIP server - the ability to exceed the status of a single instance
application in order to scale in a shape of a multi-node/instance
cluster. What are the benefits?
     (a) data distribution, so capacity scaling
     (b) geographical distribution
     (c) high availability as data and service

Being able to add clustering support for services like registration,
calling and presence, required a complex and extensive work - still, we
are almost at the end of it and happy to announce the time line for the
OpenSIPS 2.4 major version:

* 28th of March - beta release
* 30th of April - stable release

By the time of the beta release we will document / describe all the
newly added clustering capabilities, so everybody will be able to use
and test them (that's a lot of fun, trust me). At that point, do not be
shy and report back to us any issues you may find. The test & fix time
between the beta and stable release relies a lot on the community
involvement !

OpenSIPS Summit 2018