[OpenSIPS-Users] Source port changing during a transaction

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 12:16:27 EDT 2018

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for responding.
In this case, the issue is not about info in the Contact or Record-Route headers. It is about the topmost Via header.
The source port for the first INVITE is 59500. 'rport' is present so OpenSIPS sends the "100 Trying" to port 59500. [The script also calls force_rport()]
Then the UAC sends the same INVITE again (a duplicate, not strictly a re-INVITE), but it sends it from port 5062.
OpenSIPS continues to send responses to port 59500 and ignores the new source port.
I suspect this is because it sees the second INVITE as a duplicate and discards it as unnecessary, but it made me think about the wider issues and what the RFC's tell us about this topic.

In my opinion, the UAC in this example is badly behaved because it sent a different port (5062) in the Via but it also sent the 'rport' parameter. The latter would take precedence over the former. However, we can see that the UAC really wanted us to send all responses to port 5062. So it should not be sending 'rport' at all and also my script should not be calling force_rport().

John Quick
Smartvox Limited