[OpenSIPS-Users] nortpproxy_str usage

William Simon wsimon at stratusvideo.com
Fri Jan 12 13:48:01 EST 2018

I have a provider that is reflecting the a=nortpproxy:yes attribute back to me in the SDP of its reply. I know it's being reflected back because when I customize that header using the nortpproxy_str setting, I get my own value back in the provider's replies.

The result is that the answer side of rtpproxy isn't engaged and there's no audio.

>From an old thread (http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/users/2012-November/023444.html) it seems like the best option for me is to simply disable this a=nortpproxy:yes attribute and let the opensips logic engage rtpproxy all the time.

What kind of negative side effects would I face by disabling this and letting rtpproxy engage every time? Is this flag only really useful when you are working with a hierarchy of SIP proxies in your own environment? My topology has two equal-priority equal-weight opensips proxies that serve as clustered load balancer as well as outbound-proxy for internal freeswitch servers.

Thanks
W Simon

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer."