[OpenSIPS-Users] Help with my OpenSips architecture

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Aug 8 04:52:57 EDT 2018

Hi Dominic,

Please see inline.

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
   http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/

On 08/07/2018 10:36 PM, Dominic wrote:
> Hi all, just to make sure I'm one the right track here I'd like to
> share a few thoughts of where I'm currently going with my
> architecture, any feedback is really appreciated specially if it can
> help me avoid any pitfalls in the future. Here is what I'm trying to do:
>
> I currently have a a few asterisk servers directly facing the public
> internet, with sip devices registering directly with a specific asterisk.
>
> So my first goal was to have the sip devices register directly with
> OpenSips so I used the mid_registrar module for that, and forward the
> registers to the right asterisk. This seems to work very well so far.
>
> Secondly, I setup rtp proxy, on the same box as opensips, this also
> seems to work great so far. At this point I should be able to not have
> the asterisk facing public internet.
Do you intend to move the * boxes to a private network ? or to keep them
with public IP, but behind a firewall ?

> The third thing I now want to do, and this is where I am currently
> stuck is to figure out what my options are in terms of high
> availability of the opensips. I figured I would go with a VIP setup
> with 2 identical opensips box. So in this type of setup i would have
> to replicate usrloc and dialogs between the 2 opensips instances
> right? Am I forgetting anything?
yes, you are on the right tracks - use the dialog replication (with a
sharing tag) and usrloc full sharing mode - this will give you the HA
you are looking for (in combination with a VIP)

> Am I on the right track with this type of setup or am I missing
> something big here? It's also worth mentioning that I am using
> OpenSIPS 2.4
>
> Any advice/links with info on similar setup/code examples are very welcome
For the HA, see
https://blog.opensips.org/2018/03/15/scaling-distributing-and-partitioning-registrations-with-opensips-2-4/
https://blog.opensips.org/2018/03/23/clustering-ongoing-calls-with-opensips-2-4/