[OpenSIPS-Users] Help with my OpenSips architecture

Dominic wallnut.monkeys at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 15:36:22 EDT 2018

Hi all, just to make sure I'm one the right track here I'd like to share a
few thoughts of where I'm currently going with my architecture, any
feedback is really appreciated specially if it can help me avoid any
pitfalls in the future. Here is what I'm trying to do:

I currently have a a few asterisk servers directly facing the public
internet, with sip devices registering directly with a specific asterisk.

So my first goal was to have the sip devices register directly with
OpenSips so I used the mid_registrar module for that, and forward the
registers to the right asterisk. This seems to work very well so far.

Secondly, I setup rtp proxy, on the same box as opensips, this also seems
to work great so far. At this point I should be able to not have the
asterisk facing public internet.

The third thing I now want to do, and this is where I am currently stuck is
to figure out what my options are in terms of high availability of the
opensips. I figured I would go with a VIP setup with 2 identical opensips
box. So in this type of setup i would have to replicate usrloc and dialogs
between the 2 opensips instances right? Am I forgetting anything?

Am I on the right track with this type of setup or am I missing something
big here? It's also worth mentioning that I am using OpenSIPS 2.4

Any advice/links with info on similar setup/code examples are very welcome
Thanks
Dominic