[OpenSIPS-Users] 2.2.2 packaging

Nathan Ward opensips-list at daork.net
Sat Jan 7 04:10:35 EST 2017

Hi,

I am running OpenSIPS 2.2.2 from RPMs from the opensips.org yum server.

I am trying to find out where the SPEC files to generate the CentOS (/el7) RPMs are. I don’t seem to be able to find these in GitHub. Can someone help with this?

I am hoping to submit a PR to move the ‘opensips’ binary to /usr/libexec, rather than a common $PATH location. We have had a problem where this binary was mistakenly run, rather than opensipsctl. Typically, daemon binaries that do not generally get run by users should be in /usr/libexec so that they are only very intentionally executed. This should probably go in to at the very least a minor version change as it may break some people’s custom init scripts etc.

On my search, I note change 9e406b2b3acfd61b39ba9679f0a599b95f56f5c2 under the 2.2.2 tag, which appears to be done with something like:
sed ’s/2.2.1/2.2.2/‘

Note the matches where . is ‘any’ not a literal period, so there are a lot of dates that get messed up:
 -* Mon Oct 12.2.19 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at opensips.org>
 +* Mon Oct 12.2.29 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at opensips.org>

--
Nathan Ward