[OpenSIPS-Users] FW: Asynchronous operation for REST queries

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Mon Sep 19 17:18:23 CEST 2016

Hi, Agalya!

1) Regarding connection reuseoptimization,I haven't done any research on
this topic. In other words, libcurl will be managing its connections
through its default settings/ parameters, whichever they are. The module
is mature enough, maybe now is a good time to lookinto thisfeature.

2) Since you're doing lots of obviously blocking operations (HTTP
transfers), then you will definitely need more processes. However, I
noticed lots of transfers are quickly completed, withoutrequiring async,
so you don't want too many processes if all requests worklike that. Just
tune according to your needs until you find a sweet spot. You could even
share the performance results, I'd love to hear some feedback.

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com